Thursday, September 8, 2016

More than canvas

There are some artists who don't just reveal their imagination in their paintings but on the material they use as well. 

There are more materials to use beside canvas and paper such as wood, boards and metal among others. A material that an artist uses to paint on shows what he/she wants to say since it has its own characteristics that go beyond a simple way of presentation telling us about the inner meaning of the artwork.

We should all try to experiment with this as if we were playing trying to bring out even more of our creativity.

Today, I want to introduce you Abelone Petersen's work. She's an artist who works with different materials as she says in her biography: "I create many subjects and designs with a variety of mediums. The most exciting to me are the three dimensional paintings I create on the stones I find riding my Spirit pony here in BC Canada. The earth created these 'sculptures' long, long ago. This brings a spiritual realm to my work, a connectedness to all life. It is here I feel the closest to 3D design principles of sculpture combined with colour theory to bring forth the illusion of my vision within the stone."

Click on the image to enlarge it and visit her gallery. You can find more of her artworks at  http://abelonezone.com/



Sell Art Online Art Prints Photography Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here: