Friday, April 22, 2016

The pleasure of being an artist

Back to oil painting. There are several ways of using oil and each one gives us the opportunity to show something different. Whether it's of realism, surrealism, conceptual, abstract or impressionism, among others, each serves to express ourselves in different ways and, moreover, fits our personality. Sometimes it's not easy for those who begin with painting determine the style that best suits their needs.So we should ask the following questions:

 - What I want to show?
- What it is the most important of what I want to show?
- Are lines what should prevail?
- What I want to show is best achieved with spots?
- Are contrastsrelevant in the subject?
- Is the softness of shapes and vanishing which enhances the idea?
- Are colors important or I prefer to enhance the central figure?

Once we have answered these questions we find it easier to know how to start and where we're heading.

Today, I want to show you Marla McPherson's artworks. She is a painter and photographer as well, but I'll talk about her paintings now. Marla express herself in vibrant colors and conveys the peace and beauty in her artworks basically through an impressionist style that characterizes her. She has no doubt about the above questions since she gets exactly what she wants to show. It seems natural to her the use of colors to capture the idea of beauty as well as a splendid use of shadows and lights that enhance her works.

 As Marla McPherson says in her biography: "I find each time I work I take a spontaneous journey into the unknown. Every time I pick up a brush, palette knife or shoot photos with my camera, I experiment with the power and relationships of color, line and form. I feel very fortunate to be an artist because of the pleasure and excitement I get to experience from this process of continual rediscovery. "

Painting and create are real pleasures, no one can be an artist without feeling it. Recreate the world according to our own look is a privilege. So, let's be as Marla, let's enjoy our work knowing that comes from the depths of our soul.

 Click on the images if you want to see more:
Sell Art Online Art Prints Photography Prints

5 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for the write up Laura! You are giving out a lot of great tips for artists to take their work to the next level. I am happy to be a part of it all. Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, great blog as always.
    Marla your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so very much Eve!! So glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment here: